Monday, November 20, 2017

Exhausted...but Loving Every Second!



Hey there everyone!
Sorry but this will be a short one. Have lots of stuff to do! The work here is absolutely amazing. It is crazy to think about this week because it seems I am always writing this same email everyday haha. A cool story that we had is we found an investigator from Ghana and he only speaks English! I was thinking sweet I can really teach him well and help him learn all the things that I may not be able to express in Spanish! But then I realized that I can't speak English worth nothing! I tried to speak fluently but I found myself translating everything from Spanish to English in my head. I was so frustrated during the lesson. luckily he has a lot of patience with us and I think he can read our minds because somehow he is progressing very rapidly!! Who would've ever knew that Spanish would be so much easier than English! lol Elder Villacorta and I are getting along super well. His is from Lima Peru. He is so knowledgeable in the scriptures and we are actually both on a diet! haha I know crazy! Elder Reynolds on a diet?? lol It is super hard because the bread here is super good and it is so disponible (available) because there are stores on every corner. But I love the unity that we have in our companionship because we make pacts with each other to help each other out on trying to keep our diets. It is a bit hard when everyone that gives us food wants us to get fat haha. I think they adopted the idea from the olden times when it was a sign of wealth and power to be fat hahahah. That would mean I am pretty wealthy and powerful as a missionary!

Man, this work literally takes every ounce of energy I have but I am loving every second of it. I have never been more tired yet more happy. Our house got flooded this week... wish we could say it was a defect from the sink but it was our fault. We sometimes run out of water and have to go through a whole process to get water back so we left the house thinking that all of the water switches were turned off only to find out we just thought that because there was no water coming out because there was not water in our house. We came back from language study to find the whole floor in water... hahaha. Needless to say, we didn't do language study that day and we had to sleep without blankets lol. I hope we all find the happiness in our lives and that we an all learn to love the commandments! Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." I believe in it with all my heart!! love you all!!
Elder Reynolds


Missionaries of Ecuador!
Elder Godoy's mission visit to Ambato






My favorite food here in Santo Domingo is Ceviche de Camaroon!! It is sooo good. I want to learn to cook the food here but honestly we don't spend much time with members because we have so many investigators! 


No comments:

Post a Comment