Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Semana 2 (Week 2): Zone Leaders

Hello Everyone!!!
I feel kinda guilty because I wrote a masterpiece of an email last week and literally this week was the exact same haha. Here in the CCM we do the same exact things day in and day out. Pictures are going to have to get creative because we can't go outside of the walls. It kinda feels like Divergent.... But having the best district makes it all up. We have so much fun!! Soooooo I don't know what me and my companion are doing right but we got moved to Zone Leaders!! I know right?! We really don't know what we are doing.... ha Just checking up on our districts and reporting to our branch president. It is intimidating talking to our branch president because he speaks like a million miles an hour.... The cool thing about the Mexico CCM is that we have Latinos teaching us and they speak super fast! So its not like some gringo is talking to us super slow and then getting out in the mission field and being like Elder Calhoun saying "Elder, that isn't the language they taught me in the MTC." hahahaha So life is still good. I am still alive. Learning tons and tons of new material everyday. Me and my companion are having the time of our lives all the time. I love the mission. Just hanging out with dudes all day. My type of life haha But the great thing about it is we get to learn the gospel every single day!!!! I am pretty stoked to go teach the gospel in Ecuador. It was funny in our Sacrament meeting our branch president wasn't there and one of his counselors was gringo and decided to sing a couple hymns in English... No one has an English hymn book so we basically hummed the verses... Crazy thing is he didn't care! He had his phone and was singing away and we had no idea what we were doing haha. I look forward to gym time everyday because working out is super fun. It is hard though with the weights here cause there is a ton of people in there at times. But then we get to go play some type of sport for 30 more minutes. They say you are not supposed to get competitive.... but we are talking about a Reynolds here.... Sooooo its kinda hard to just play for fun. I am really trying to make this long and meaningful but it is hard because nothing that crazy happened haha. We tried to cook popcorn in the dryer because there are no microwaves... that didn't work out very well haha

Spiritual experience that happened is probably just seeing the progression of our investigators. Even though they aren't real it is so cool to see them open up and when I am in tune with the spirit I can understand them and receive the gift of tongues. I haven't learned a lot of new stuff in Spanish but I am starting to really really understand the Latinos. Sundays are always the best. They always have a different spirit about them. The devotionals are so great. In one of them they talked about how literally salvation is on the line... It is kinda scary to think about that! That the way I study and the way I apply myself can mean the world for someone who is searching for happiness in this life. That is what gets me up at 6:30 everyday is so I can be ready when the Lord calls for me. I want to be someone he can count on and someone he can surely know that I will get the job done and the preparation I have done is sufficient. I know Heavenly Father looks forward to hearing us every morning and night. Prayer has become so real to me. He is listening always. He is waiting to bless us in every aspect of our lives. I don't see this mission as a sacrifice...because of the crazy great blessings I get from it!! Man We are so blessed to be able to know the truth. Remember to FEED HIS SHEEP!!!

Elder Reynolds

This is definitely the Kyle we remember...using his imagination, finding ways to making people smile!!

 Rockin' the glasses

Zone Leaders Christmas card photo



Already helping people...making his comp look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment