Thursday, December 29, 2016

Week 3: Mexico City Temple

We were able to talk to Kyle on the phone on Christmas! It was so good to hear his voice! We gathered around the phone and it was the best Christmas gift. He bore his testimony to us in Spanish and he sounded GREAT!! He didn't sound like a gringo haha. We sure enjoyed listening to him!!He's definitely committed to this great work.

This week wasn't the best week I have had but of course it was still awesome as ever!! It was a long one because I think the phone calls made me anxious!! haha That phone call was definitely what I needed as an extra motivation. I am so proud to be a missionary. It is really amazing to me that God has literally counted on me to go on a mission and to speak Spanish! It is unbelievable how much God is willing to help all of us if we but humble ourselves. So actually today we got to go to the temple! It was way different in Spanish! ha But it was such an amazing experience. As it always is. I know that God appreciates everything we are doing and every decision we make. It was also finally nice to get to see Mexico again! The CCM is about 1 hour away from the temple so we left at 830 and got back just barely. This wont be a long one because I have to do laundry and stuff... I know what the heck... hah just kidding. Thank you for the presents!! We had a hay day with them! No one else got them so we had to keep on switching off!! haha (We were able to pack his Christmas gifts in his luggage before he left the states. We gave him a pair of small nerf guns) My comp had a fun experience. So we were playing nerf war and if you get shot you're out.. obviously.. anyways, one of the guys we were playing with was out of darts and ran into a room. My comp decided to try and bust in and shoot him. So he was trying to get in and got his gun through and shot one bullet at the other guy but he missed. So while my comp was reloading and still trying to get in the door the other guy decides to pistol swipe him right on the forehead!! He was like duuuuude did you just do that!! hahah we were all laughing. And my comp gets up from the floor and he had a huge gash in his forehead! No lie he probably could've benefited from a stitch. But it was like 10:15 at night so he just put a bandaid on it. It was soooo funny. Needless to say... we kept on playing haha I am really sorry this is a short email but I gotta go! I will try to write more next week! 
Besides there isn't a lot that goes on within the walls of the CCM. It is hard to stay focused because the schedule is the same every single day. But 3 more weeks and I am off to a new adventure!!! See you guys later!! Love you!!
Elder Reynolds

Mexico City Temple

Elder Philpot and Elder Reynolds





He's so thankful there's a weight room!!


No comments:

Post a Comment