Thursday, January 12, 2017

Semana 5: FIVE more days until Ecuador!



We get to hear from Kyle this weekend to hear his traveling itinerary!! He should be flying out of Mexico next Tuesday, January 17 to Ecuador. Last week he was able to go to the Mexico City Temple. This was Kyle's 7th temple that he has been to since he's been to the temple! Before he left, he went to 6 temples in 10 weeks....DEDICATION!!



Holaaaa! I am pretty psyched this week because I finally get to go out and practice my awful Spanish! haha The thing about the MTC is that they teach you so much about the gospel language Spanish, but just out on the streets... Nothing! So it is going to be really really rough I already know that. But I am ready to go out and see what the world has to offer and try my best to bring as many people to the fold as possible! I am so excited to meet new people is the main thing. The Latino people are so friendly. So we were going to the temple last week and our bus broke down! We were stranded for about a good 30 minutes before we were rescued by another bus. So we were able to walk around Mexico for a little bit and the people were so receptive of us! We had no idea what they were saying but it was fun to try and communicate with them!

So this week they are teaching us a lot about what is going to happen outside of the walls ha sounds creepy. But they said a quote that really hit me..."They don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." It is so true!! That was a real stress reliever to me because obviously I want to be fluent as soon as possible but you can take the most fluent missionary and he isn't worth anything if he doesn't have the spirit. There is always a universal language which is the spirit. So I am trying to build up my testimony as best as I can day by day.

So funny story! Most important part of the email right? Actually this week is a bonus so I have 2!! So we were in a devotional and we were sitting a little towards the back. It was a really good devotional. The mission president was speaking and really feeling the spirit. So my companion had a bag of skittles with him. Yeah I know its already getting bad.. But let me tell you this before, it took us 4 weeks for us to figure out how to bring snacks to the devotional! The first 3 weeks it was hard to stay awake and of course always hungry... Then this guy sitting next to us was like you want some snacks and of course we were like yeah!! So he reaches under his seat and has this backpack FULL of snacks! Chips, almonds, Powerades, cookies! I was like what the heck have we been thinking! haha So anyways it was a real quiet part of the devotional. The speaker asked a rhetorical question and just had us ponder it for a bit. And so Philpot reaches for his suit jacket and as he does all the skittles fall on the floor! For a straight probably 5 seconds!!! And then they all started rolling to the front and so that made so much noise! Everyone looked back at us and we were just staring straight forward like nothing had happened. oh man that was so funny. I could not focus after that because I was just laughing. We have a good time here at the CCM.

So another story is we were having a district meeting and just going around to everyone.. And we were ending and one of our Hermanas was laughing like crazy. so we were like what the heck is going on. I guess, her name is Hermana Guttery, before she knew a lot of Spanish, during lessons if she didn't know what the verb was she would just use any verb she knew!! I was like what the heck!!? Hahahaha I couldn't believe it.. She would be in the middle of a lesson and just wouldn't know what a verb was and so she would just use a verb she did know and put it in there... Gosh that was so funny. We laughed for a good 5 hours about that.

This week we finally put our skills to the test in volleyball! Me and Philpot straight crushed it! It was about Friday (I think) and the whole time we played volleyball. No joke everyone came and watched us. We were playing King of the Court and we were on there the whole time. We had a crowd and everything!! Probably 20-30 people were watching us play and it got so loud when one of us would hit it. We had a Gringos vs Latinos game and crushed them! It was so fun. Some Latinos knew how to play so it was a blast! Now everyday people give us high fives and what not and ask if we are playing volleyball that day. It is pretty cool. This is literally like a high school haha. Its funny, every time new missionaries come in, Philpot and I go up to them and pretend like we are the big dogs. Just as jokes though promise ;)

I keep forgetting to tell you but the BYU kicker is here! Oldroyd! We are pretty good friends with him now. If you don't know, he is the freshman kicker for BYU who made that field goal in the Arizona game. At least I think haha, I may be wrong but that's what my comp told me.

It is so crazy that I am finally leaving the CCM! I am excited but I know I will probably miss all the amenities here. I have learned that in order to change we have to get out of our comfort zones. I am constantly out of my comfort zone here on the mission. But that's the point! I want to come back a different person. You know how much it would suck to be away 2 years and come back the same person?? NOOOOOO. We should all strive to become a changed person everyday. Do something out of your comfort zone. Continue to build up those around you and make lasting friendships. I have been struggling obviously with the language but the more I share and the more I love people, the better I become at it. It is crazy how willing God is to bless us. He wants us to rely on Him. That is hard for me because I feel I am being selfish if I do that. But truly He wants us to do that.

If I am still alive next week..... I will tell you guys how it went being out of the CCM!!! Love you all!!

Elder Reynolds








His first haircut out in the mission!! He said it is weird having someone else cut his hair because he's use to his momma cutting his hair! He said it was going all good and he thought she was done and then she started cutting it even shorter!hahahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment