Wednesday, March 8, 2017

What does God want me to learn from this?


First time eating cow stomach!

Hello!
This week was definitely a lot better than last week! Feeling better but definitely not 100% yet. Oh well, no one ever said it was going to be easy! I talked to the Mission President this week because we had little meetings and told him what I was going through and he was really caring, but compared my mission to the Lord, our Saviors mission. So of course I was totally shut down and humbled. I don't know if I told that story before but it happened again haha It is true though, we don't know the extent of what the Savior went through so who are we to say, woe is me. Although the trials we go through are hard no doubt. But because of what the Savior went through, we can overcome it!! And we don't have to do it alone! Thank goodness!

We have another person on baptism for next week! We went on divisions this week, where Elder Jacobs goes to another sector and I stay in our sector while the district leader comes and proselytes with me for a whole day. A whole day of Spanish! Not bad I must say. I knew a lot more than I thought! It was complicated though when I didn't understand something coming from the investigator... Because the other Elder didn't speak much English so he couldn't translate it for me. But other than that it was great! So now Elder Jacobs and I are speaking more Spanish in the street. Although it is bad to say... I think the mission will be a lot more enjoyable once the language comes! But I am trying to enjoy it now. We can serve people even if we cant talk to them directly. It is a different kind of service because I am a people person and like to make relationships with them. But gotta find a way to win! -Coach Bradley haha But yes we have another person on date for baptism!!! And this one is almost for sure. He has been coming with his family for about 6 months now but hasn't committed to baptism because he is really shy. But the other Elder that I went on divisions with was really really direct! I was kinda scared we were going to end our good relationship with this family. But thankfully, it paid off and now his baptism date is for next Saturday. (Not this coming Saturday but the next one) I am starting to see why missionary work is so dang addicting! Whenever someone accepts the message and you see the light in their eyes, It becomes so real! It is like realizing something they knew their whole life but now just realizing it! It takes a lot of work sometimes, but it is worth it.

So also this week we had to stay in 2 days because of the holidays. We could go out to email but that was it. We almost got hit a few times from little kids on top of buildings throwing water balloons. I was hoping we would get hit because my companion did not like to walk back to the house early because we live on a hill haha But I was secretly hoping that we would get hit just so I could laugh my head off while he would be mad.... I know.. still learning charity but hey I am still 21 years old and immature. I don't have to grow up too much do I? lol The mission is becoming life now so it is getting better. Just accepting that this was life was hard for me but once I did the days seemed more fun. Along with my Spanish getting better every day, now I like going out to contact people. It is definitely true, the Lord does prepare people. We just have to be worthy to find them. 

I was reading in Mosiah this week and it was in Chapters 20..ish I don't remember exactly which one. But I was reading in a verse how it said the Lord saw fit for his people to be afflicted for a little longer. I pondered on that for a while because why would our loving Father in Heaven want that for his children? I'm not a parent yet but if my child was afflicted in any way I would want to help him! But it hit me that sometimes God lets us do it on our own 1. because we choose not to let Him into our lives, and 2. because this life is meant to be hard! The only way to grow stronger is to break down first our weaknesses, and then build it back up. During the trial it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, when you're sitting on the toilet wishing you didn't eat that weird looking thing... God is still there, but He wants us to learn something. Everything I feel is for a reason. My mom and dad would always say to me, What does God want me to learn from this? They are a lot better than I am but it is so true. We are human. We are trying to become more like our Father in Heaven so... YEAH! You bet its going to be hard. But we are in this together! I love you all! I feel like this letter was all over the place so I am sorry... I hope it isn't too bad!

Elder Reynolds



Eating Cow stomach!




A Catholic Cathedral
Completely gold on the inside and we didn't go in cause it costed a lot!




I made it back to the states...San Francisco haha!!










No comments:

Post a Comment