Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Grateful for President and Hermana Christensen!

This is President and Hermana Christensen's last week!
Ambato Ecuador Zone

Hello everyone!
Unfortunately I don't have any crazy food stories this week. Hopefully these food stories will only come maybe once a change haha I think the worst thing is when I am sick and we go to lunch and there waiting for us is a chicken foot or the head of what we are about to eat staring right back at us lol All I want is just a nice plate of chicken nuggets from McDonalds! lol Its all good. Experiences are the best out here. Oh I did learn something about eating fish. Every time we would eat fish of course we would eat the eyeballs too. Until the other day my comp asked me why I do that. "Do people in the US eat the eyeballs of fish?" And I said "no...." Then he said "oh because here you are just suppose to suck on the eyeball, not swallow it." I said "Man...... how many times have we had fish and why did you not tell me that?!!!!" haha Maybe my vision will get better or we can hope at least.

So this week was a good week. We didn't have any investigators attend church but we did have a lot of menos activos (less actives) attend! I kind of see them as investigators too because they are a little bit lost and just need a bit of a push or a guide to get them back on track. The asistencia (assistance) of the barrio (neighborhood) is going up too so that is a good thing! This ward is a lot different from the other ward I was at. Even though there are fewer people, this ward feels more like a family. It is funny because we have the noche de hogar (Family Home Evening) as a ward and it is basically like another sacrament meeting because the whole ward attends! lol And yes the games we play are very competitive! I can't believe how involved and into the games everyone gets regardless of their age! The mission is getting a lot more enjoyable as I am conversing more with the members. I used to have a lot of fear because of my limited Spanish and my Spanish still is limited, but they are so patient with me. Sometimes I use that to my advantage hahaha Like if they ask me to give a talk I just say I don't understand.. No hahahaha But that is a great idea... lol We have a great ward here in Ambato. I love it here. The weather is so cold though. The coldest months of the year are June, July and August.. Of course! haha

Our mission president is leaving!! This is his last week here and he sent out a mass email about how he is going to miss us and everything like that. It was kind of sad but really an eye opener to me because I remember starting the mission and him saying he is leaving in July! I thought July is never going to come and here it is!! Wow.. how time flies. But the next president is President Barlow. It is going to be interesting to see how the mission changes or if it changes. But I definitely have a testimony of revelation. Man how tiring it must be for Presidents of the Missions! I cant even believe how much work they put in! I am very grateful for all the leaders and their example. Well until next week! I love you all!
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment