Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Transferred to Santo Domingo!!

Goodbye Ambato!
Hello Everyone!
Well this week was changes (transfers) and it's my turn to go to the coast! I am pretty excited because every missionary here longs to go to where I will be at. Its called Santo Domingo. For me personally I don't like the heat but I want to get to know all area of Ecuador so I got the city, now I am going to the coast, and I only lack the Oriente! Although I can't lie I am going to miss this ward a lot... ALOT. Especially one family named Family Arias. They are literally like my family here. When we are sick they are always there to help us, they always are so supportive of the work, and just have this special love for us missionaries. The changes have changed so we receive the calls as to where we are going Sunday night, then we have P-day free, and then Tuesday morning we leave. It used to be we receive them Sunday night and then leave the very next morning bright and early. So it was nice because we spent most of the day with their boys and we are going to have dinner with them a little later on. It is a bit hard because I know there will be crying involved and it kills me. ha But its all apart of the mission. Like the hymn goes, "Ill go where you want me to go dear Lord!!"

This week was a hard week. I don't know what about it but always the weeks right when we leave are the hardest weeks. Its like all the investigators don't want to listen to us and we have no success. Elder Mamani was the motor this week and it was so amazing to see that. At times I felt like I don't know how I am going to make it through these next few lessons, but with his enthusiasm and with the spirit so strongly in the lessons it was amazing to see the change in myself. The change in attitude and the change in spirit. I loved the opportunity to fast this past weekend. I love that Heavenly Father gives us these trials so that we can become what He wants us to become. Part of the reason why this week was so hard is we found one of the investigators making bad decisios (decisions) We found him and he was with his cousins doing not very good stuff. Although I was a little mad at him, I did realize that I have developed a love for him. Because I just felt this love and longing for him to make the right decisions not for the reason that we can get another baptism and have good numbers, but for the fact that I know with a surety that this gospel is the fuente (source) of happiness. It was the first time in the mission I cried over an investigator. But it helped me realize how Heavenly Father must feel when we make the wrong decisions. Especially ESPECIALLY me! But I will never ever lose the hope. Never. It was a tender mercy also to see that other investigators that we are teaching attend church.. At the beginning of sacrament meeting, there was no one and we can't lie we were really discouraged. But 2 minutes past and some of our Menos activos (less actives) walked in, 5 minutes passed and some investigators walked in, 10 minutes and more investigators!! Tender mercies of the Lord... He will always comfort us. I love this work. It has brung brang (Elder Reynolds is losing his English!!!) haha me closer to God. My relationship with him is real and so strong. He lives. I know it with all my heart. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real beings. And they are there for us in whatever phase in life we are in. I love you all! Bring a question to General Conference!! What a privilege we have!!! I love you! 
Elder Reynolds

P-day Adventures!


Volcano Quilotoa
It is a water-filled caldera and the most western volcano in the Ecuadorian Andes.
Elevation: 12,841
Last Eruption: 1280
Location: Pujili Canton, Cotopaxi Province, Ecuador

Elder Reynolds and Elder Wilson

Exploring Ecuador

Brotherly Love

Wow, these Elders are tall!






No comments:

Post a Comment