Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Book of Mormon, a one-size fits all book!

Elder Yanqui and Elder Reynolds
~Santo Domingo~
Hello everyone! 
So I am in a new sector it is called Santo Domingo. My companions name is Elder Yanqui he is from Peru. He has a lot of time in the mission and I am sooo lucky to be his companion. Just from the week that we have been together I have learned so much from him. He is a great example about enduring to the end. We work hard everyday. Although our situation is a bit difficult because we are getting to know another sector because the missionaries that were there were taken out and now we are in charge of that sector. It is crazy because probably if we took a bus from the sides of our sectors it would take 3 and a half to 4 hours! We are constantly traveling and constantly trying to be better. Although it is so stressful, we feel the spirit strong in our planning sessions in order to plan for the people that need us. I love that Heavenly Father is so willing to help us out if we ask Him. This is His work and man I can say that this is my glory too. I love bringing the word of God and really the fount of happiness to the good people of Ecuador.

If I am being honest this was a hard week. We left on Tuesday to travel to our new sectors and I had to leave the relationships that I had made with the members and investigators in Ambato. it was literally like another farewell. It is crazy the amount of love and the huge hearts the people here have. Just in weeks we make relationships with these people that will last a lifetime. It was hard to work and at times I just wanted to take a bus back to Ambato because it felt like home there. The city, the people, just everything. I never thought I would be so sad about leaving a sector haha Don't judge me about how emotional I am.... lol But like always the perfect remedy for everything is working. So that is exactly what we did. We were constantly trying to talk to people and keep our minds occupied so that we can focus solely on the work. I can testify it works. Just like when Jesus Christ was suffering in Gethsemane, it says that He prayed even more intensely. In the very moment He was suffering the most pain anyone can possibly feel, He decided to pray MORE intensely. Not give up or distance himself from the pain, but to read the scriptures more intensely, attend church more intensely, pray with more faith... all these tools we have are here for us in these moments. And always in these moments that we have it seems our first reaction or decision is to throw away all these things.. How crazy are we to think that!! Why would we distance ourselves from a God that knows all? A God that above all wants the absolute best for us? I know it seems so simple now, but when the time comes to actually show it.. We will see who we love most or what we love most. I definitely have so much to work on. 

I absolutely loved General Conference too! How lucky we are to have that every 6 months!! Man its literally like God is talking in these Conferences... oh wait He is!! Through the apostles we have the counsel of God. If He were here, he would've said the same exact things. How cool is that promise? I love this gospel. I know it is true. I know the Book of Mormon can answer every single question or doubt that we have. It is amazing this book we have. So so amazing that it is perfect. A one size fits all book! I love you all so dearly. Apply the things we learned and be better than yesterday!
Elder Reynolds

He said the food is way better!







No comments:

Post a Comment