Monday, October 30, 2017

Personal Revelation!

Elder Reynolds was on the Radio in Ecuador!!
Hello Everyone! 
This week was an awesome week! We hardly had anytime to work though because we were traveling so much! Elder Godoy of the 70 visited us and it was such an amazing experience to have him there. One of the things I learned that I think everyone can learn from is yes we have leaders. and they are SO knowledgeable and helpful to us. But we also have the right to receive revelation for ourselves. Like Joseph Smith said it is the very principle or key to the life after this life. At times we just find ourselves asking questions to other people and although that is good.... we need to develop a relationship with our Father in Heaven and He the very God of the whole universe will teach us through the Holy Ghost! What a privilege we have to have the Holy Ghost. We had two 5-hour bus rides and so as missionaries we were talking about a bunch of questions we have always had about the deep doctrine haha how we are going to ask Elder Godoy to explain them to us but then after the conference we all realized that we can have the answers not from another person, but from the very fountain of knowledge! I am probably sounding a bit crazy right now but it was a moment of aww for me hahah.

Our investigators are struggling right now. They are slowly progressing and man is it hard to just sit back and let them make their own choices. My companion and I discuss after every lesson on what we could've done better and I love that there is always something we can do better. there is no such thing as perfect in this life. We can always strive to get better. I think that's what intrigues me about life. That there is no end. I love the scripture in 2 Nephi where it talks about line upon line precept upon precept. One thing I love to do is finding something I am the worst at, and trying to change it into one of my strengths. I loooove the process. Although it is time consuming and takes a whole lot of patience and work, I love the end product. 

Man am I glad for American volleyball! Today one of the Elders in our district taught us how to play Ecuavolley! It is basically the same rules but with a...SOCCER BALL! Man I thought it hurt at times to play with a volleyball but it hurt sooo bad to play with that thing! haha My arms are so sore already but it was a fun to me lol I love the mission. I am learning something everyday. When we always have goals, life will never pass us by too fast. We will pass by life. Take advantage always of the time we have! I love you all! 
Elder Reynolds

Learning how to play Ecuavolley!!!
Ouch, playing with a soccer ball!


Sharing the great message of Jesus Christ on the radio!

Santo Domingo, Ecuador
Hitchhiking in Ecuador :o

Carl's Jr!


Two 5-hour bus rides to listen to Elder Godoy of the 70!

People were talking about "The Night of Death" and Elder Reynolds was like what the heck are you guys talking about??! So they explained it more to him and he realized it was Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment