Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Baptism in Santo Domingo!!

Elder Fillmore and Elder Reynolds with some crabs before they were cooked for lunch!!

Hello everyone!
This week was an awesome week! We have a baptism this week!!!!! Finally after being here for what seems like forever we will have a baptism and her name is Katy. She is so awesome. I can't wait for it and am super excited because right after we write we have a noche de hogar (Family Home Evening) with her and it is pretty much going to be a pure testimony meeting and setting up all the things for her baptism. Gosh I love seeing people make covenants with God!
 
It is so crazy with my comp here in this huge sector. For those of you who don't know... I am still a bit irresponsible and lost my credit card here so I am bumming off of my comp a bit lol But he has the biggest heart and doesn't take much thought to all of it. It is so sad because we probably spend 20 to 50 dollars a week just solely on taxis and buses. We need more missionaries!!!!!! hahaha so anybody you know.. send them to Ecuador!!!! lol But the work here has been awesome. This lady, after meeting with the missionaries for over a year off and on, finally came to church this Sunday and man she loved it! What made all the difference were the member that befriended her. I absolutely love the Relief Society. Honestly I have no idea how it is in the US, but here in Ecuador, it is literally so cool to see them all rally together and just love each other. When someone comes to church that they don't know, there is like at least 3 women swarming her guiding her to her next class seeing where she is from and just purely loving her. The love of a woman is just mind blowing to me. Truly examples for me. To not just look at people with problems, but to look at people with love and pure charity. I love the verse in 1 Nephi I think 11 that talks about Mary with baby Jesus and how that is how the spirit wanted to depict the pure love of Christ. A mothers love for her baby. Men we better step up! haha
 
So in the house we are having some changes done.. we are having the whole house repainted because there is pretty crazy mold growing on the walls especially in the kitchen and bathroom.. Elder Fillmore and I just laugh because instead of fixing it, they just chip away at the mold and repaint over it. For a few days it actually worked! We didn't really know if they fixed it or not but the mold wasn't there anymore.. haha but we woke up this morning to find that the mold has started growing yet again!!! We were just like your kidding..... haha and of course as nerd missionaries we started talking about how it applies to the gospel... I know right.. I used to always make fun of the people who would apply everything to the gospel and here I am doing it!!! But as missionaries we always try to find what is an iceberg... how usually someone actually has something deeper but they only let you see a small part of it just like an iceberg. And how easy it is to just say a few prayers and give a few scriptures and boom fixed.. but what I love, thanks to Elder Fillmore, is he made me realize we are here to help people not just baptize people. So many people have icebergs and what I love is everyone one of them can be fixed with a principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We can either paint over it with some superficial prayer, or we can dig deep and let them fix it by applying the blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. And then paint over it lol What I am getting at is I just love digging deep. Elder Fillmore and I like to talk about deep stuff and we always can go deeper! haha so with the investigators we always try to find the root problem and it is so much better in the long run. It takes time but I love love the miracle of forgiveness. What a blessing we have to be forgiven and to forgive. I love every single one of you. One for making it this far into the email haha and two for your example! I love you all! have a great week. I hope my English hasn't gone too far astray and this makes sense!
Elder Reynolds
Classic Soccer Field
We have some renovations being done to our house! Here they are trying to fix the mold problem. As a result, we have gone to bed without a front door for like 3 nights. So we use our whiteboard as a replacement :o
Elder Fillmore is an answer to my prayers!
He is the BEST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment