Tuesday, January 9, 2018

An Unexpected, Crazy Week!

Quito, Ecuador
Hello Everyone!
Wow this week was a crazy week that I did not expect to have. Both my comp and I got sick this week and had to stay in for a day and then we had to travel to Quito because of a medical appointment. It is funny how the last email I talked about how when we are young we can do whatever we want and run around like crazy...but when we are old we usually focus on the important things because we don't have the energy we used to have. We had a bit of that this week as we didn't have much time to do everything we liked. But it was interesting how when we really focused on what was most important, we had time to do it. Even though time seemed so short, we felt like we did what God wanted and it was awesome to see people lifted up!
 
It was sad to here about the passing of President Monson but it is so cool knowing that he is with his wife again. How happy they must be to reunite once again and to never be separated. The gospel brings so much joy and happiness to those who keep his commandments. I love taking steps back from life and viewing my own life from an aerial view if you will. How every problem I have had has always, always had two choices...to bring me closer to Jesus Christ or to turn me away from Him. It is crazy that really every situation and every choice is just like that! And how the heck did I end up here on the mission. Sometimes I feel like I stumbled into the mission and somehow I have about a year here but it is no accident. There was always a plan. There was always a reason to everything that has happened in my life. Even though we make our own decisions, it is possible to find a way back to happiness. There was never a moment where I made a decision and then my Father in Heaven was like woah I was not expecting that! haha Nope it never was like that, there was and is always a plan. I love teaching that principle in the plan of salvation. I love the role of the Savior and how He plays or really makes the plan of salvation possible. We are teaching someone that had an auto accident and now he cant walk very well and he basically cant use the left side of his body. We were super, super excited to talk to him about the plan of salvation. When we told him about the resurrection you could just tell how much excitement and joy filled his soul. I love how the gospel actually applies to us and isn't just something that we teach and read. I love that in the mission you realize that every single principle of the gospel is applicable to every single situation you may find yourself in. I am learning so much and will continue to learn so much. I love my Savior and all that He has done for me. I am sooo lucky! Well I love you all! Hope you all had a great week and this upcoming week is even better!
Elder Reynolds
~Quito~

No comments:

Post a Comment