Tuesday, February 27, 2018

When We Are Doing the Right Thing, We will be Guided!

~An amazing view of Quito~
Hello Everyone!
We are finally seeing some success in the sector!! Elder Mansell and I are working hard everyday. It sometimes seems overwhelming. We did divisions this week with some other Elders and we both felt SUPER good about how they went but then the next day it was back to work. We were both completely exhausted. I thought about how nice it would be to just have a day to rest and enjoy what we accomplished yesterday...NOPE!! Keep on working, keep on striving. I remember the talk by President Eyring about Jesus Christ and how He didn't have any breaks. After His mortal ministry I am almost positive that he was pretty dang exhausted too! But He went right to work in the spirit world and continues working to this day. When we talked that over, we got that little bit of oomph...to carry on haha. I think the key to that is all in taking it one day at a time. When I think about having to do this for 2 years....shooooo!! haha But as I take it one day at a time, it seems to be easier. I just have to be my best TODAY, I need to strive to be my best and give it my all TODAY. And if we do that for the rest of our lives, we will never have regrets.

This week was a great week. We found some new investigators to teach and some of them attended! We were super stoked. I can say that really there are people prepared in every single part of the world. I was reading in the war chapters of Alma, by the way SOOOO SICK! haha So many things we can apply to our lives from those chapters if we let the spirit guide us. Anyways, in these chapters I found it very interesting how the Lamanites joined the people of Ammon and were a happy and peaceful people after all the wars. There are people that are searching and ready! Even among the vicious Lamanite army.

I had a special experience while we were on divisions. It seems that every time we go on divisions with other Elders, all the appointments fall and you are just left to contact. But as we were contacting, we felt a need to try to find a house that we contacted before. We only had the description that it was 2 floors and white. So we started contacting every 2 floor house that was white. We came to this one house ANNND...didn't find it, but they did say they think this person lives up the street a little. So we go up and we find the house!! We knock on it and this little boy comes out and he comes up to us like he knew us and was super excited to see us! So we ask if his parents were there and so he went and got his dad annnnnd turns out it was the first counselor in the bishopric...I know, what the heck...hahaha. So we talk for a bit and then we asked for referrals. He gave us one! Of course it was another vague description but we are use to that haha. So we went looking for this house and for the first time in my life, I actually felt sure that we should knock this house and this would be the house. Sure enough it was! The feeling that I felt was super weird..ha It wasn't like a screaming voice that this was the house, nor was it a super soft voice that I couldn't hear and doubted. It was just a mild voice that I KNEW it was the house. First time in my life I have felt that!!! So for all those who haven't had an experience like that, don't worry! It took 22 years for me! Just keep at it, diligent covenant keeping and faith. After all, 2 hours of trying to find, we found the one that Heavenly Father was preparing. The point of the story is that when we are trying to do the right thing, we will be guided. Kind of like a Pinball machine. We hit every possible side and think in our way, but we are eventually guided. That's kind of a bad analogy but I hope you get the picture! haha I love you all! I invite you to always keep going even though we may not know where we are going. We know the path, it is laid out in the scriptures. We may not know everything...but we know enough. I love you!
Elder Reynolds
Elder Astin...he says he knows the Allsups!!!
Lisa Allsup is Jason's sister from Herriman, Utah.
Kyle was pretty close to his cousins Quynn, Tean, Taner and Sawyer Allsup
Can't get enough study time!
Elder Reynolds, Elder Smith and Elder Wilson
~Quito Ecuador Mission~
Trying to calm a calm a baby is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment