Monday, March 5, 2018

Sowing and Reaping!!

We have been Sowing for quite some time and are beginning to Harvest!!
~Quito Ecuador~
Hello Everyone!
This week went by super fast! I guess all the weeks go by pretty fast when you think about it. This week was full of miracles! Elder Mansell and I are working super hard. I love the promise that when we sow, we will always reap! We have been sowing for quite some time now..haha and we are beginning the harvest! I compare it to working out, whenever we push ourselves and eat right, there is always going to be results. It's easier said than done especially being a missionary lol. I love the scripture in Ether 12:4 that talks about hope..."Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." When we are following the commandments, we really can have a hope for a better world. We have every right to expect that good things will happen. No matter what may be happening in the moment, we can and should expect good things in the future. Immediately or later, it's all the same.

So one experience that I had this week was we were again doing divisions with a companionship that has been struggling a little bit with finding news to teach. We went into the divisions with the goal of finding news...not really knowing how many just that we need to help them find!! So it was about 3:00 in the afternoon and door after door and appointment after appointment, we were having no success. I felt the impression that we would be able to find 2 news today. So we decided to pray. At the beginning of my mission, it was a bit weird to pray on a public street but I have gotten a little better at that. So we decided to pray and then my companion was like "shall we kneel?" I thought he was kidding but when I looked over, there he was kneeling!! I was like "what are you doing???!"I just looked at him for a second or two and looked around..then followed his example and knelt. It was one of the most heartfelt yet fastest prayers I have ever said! So then we went to work. I love a quote I heard from another missionary..."After a prayer like that, you have to contact EVERYONE that crosses your path." So actually that's what we did! Every movement or creature we contacted haha. It was 7:30 and we still had not found the news that I so sure felt that we would find. We had an appointment with a convert that night so there wasn't much of a chance to find news. So I was kind of losing faith but I still had that feeling of certainty that we would find. We went to the lesson and we started teaching them. Then all of a sudden the dad walks in who has never wanted to listen to the missionaries and we invited him over along with his other son and booom! There was the answer to our prayers. I was amazed to see the hand of God in the work. It makes me realize every time that God has His own ways. Like it says in Isaiah 55 that His ways are not our ways. I love love love how Heavenly Father works. Whenever all the odds are against Him, He always comes out trumphant! He always complir (comply) with His promises. Isn't it great to always be right and always be on the winning side??! I love you all!!!! Have a great week!
Elder Reynolds
"Sowing"
(LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!)
"Reaping"
The graffiti here is cool!!!
~Chillogallo Zone~
Leadership Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment