Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Completely Exhausted, but Super Happy!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!!!
Hello Everyone!
Another great week that flew by! We had splits with other Elders from our zone and we are super tired. I don't know what it is about divisions but they take a lot of energy out of you...But it's all good!

The thing that I learned about this work is it's always just enough. It's never more or less. It's always sufficient. When I get home at night, we get home super tired and drained and we have just enough energy to fill out a few things and call some people and then to the bed we go. It's hard to understand that principle sometimes. I wish I could have more but that's just my pride lol. I had a pretty cool experience about this principle I learned. We were on divisions and we had set some inspired goals. We were to find 2 news that day and put 2 with a baptismal date...FOR THE MINIMUM. We felt it was a great goal and we prayed and thought it was a great goal too. So we went at it. Of course, as always, appointments started falling and it made us contact a lot. We first found the family that we were going to put a date on and they accepted! It was an awesome lesson. Although pretty short, it was really good. After that I am pretty sure we had one more lesson but then just tried to find people the rest of the day. In a usual day we have around 15 contacts. We almost had 40!! It was getting pretty late, I think it was 8 pm and there my natural man started getting the best of me. It was cold, raining a bit and there was no one in the street and I was beat. My comp was like "Are you okay?" I said "Yeah! Why?" He said "You look like you just ran a marathon." haha What a nice companion lol. But we said a prayer and we went looking for those 2 people that were prepared. At 8:30 we contacted this farm looking house by yelling to see if anyone was home. An old man came out and as I prepared for the worst, he said "Hold on." He came to the door and let us in. He started telling us that he had listened to previous missionaries and they gave him some sort of book. He went looking for the book and found it! We looked at the old worn out Book of Mormon and there it had the names of two Elders and a date of 1997!! I just thought to myself, wow...how long has this guy been waiting??! We had a great lesson explaining what this book was and we have high hopes for him. We went back home completely exhausted but super happy. We met the goals of barely having 2 with a baptismal date and 2 news. I was hoping for 5 or 6 to impress the other Elder haha...there's my pride again! But like always, Heavenly Father always comes through. Sufficient as always. No more no less. After all we can do, it's always enough.

Just a quick funny store. In the pictures you will see the difference between authentic Columbian cooking and then two gringo Elders cooking. One of our lunches was with these recent converts and we made Arepas. They were super good. We were trying to learn all of it and for the most part we did! Then about two days later our lunch appointment fell and we cooked for ourselves. As you can see, we are getting the hang of cooking...hahahahahaha who knew tuna, eggs, cream cheese, onions and tortillas could be so good!! lol The mission...surviving with the sufficient. I love you all! Have a super great week!
Elder Reynolds
Cooking Arepas with a recent convert...super good!!
Professionals
Authentic Columbian Cooking!
Us...
learning to cook!
We are getting the hang of cooking...tuna, eggs, cream cheese, onions and tortillas!
Normal day in Ecuador...cloudy, rain and flooding!
Elder Mansell and Elder Reynolds
More cooking!
The Mission is so EGGciting!
Families Can Be Together Forever :)
Elder Reynolds and Elder Mooney
Zone Leaders-Chillogallo
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for it they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  Ether 12:27
Elder Reynolds' favorite scripture
LOVING THE MISSION!!
Completely Exhausted, but Super Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment