Friday, April 6, 2018

Serving through LOVE!

67,049 Missionaries and one of them is mine!!!
Hello Everyone!
Don't have much time to email today but what more can I say after a General Conference like that??!! I love how at the end President Nelson saved the best for last...waiting and waiting until he announced a temple to be built in Russia!! How cool is that! I love the signs of the times. I love that we are in the last days and the Lord is hastening His work. I love the testimony that I have and the opportunity to build it more and more each day. It is a privilege to be living in our day. I can't imagine living in the dark ages without any guide and with our own wisdom. Although at times it seems we default to our own wisdom thinking that we know better than an all knowing God.

An all encompassing them that I got out of General Conference is serving through LOVE and gaining our own testimony/revelation. Now that I think about it, the prophets over time have slowly implemented things to help us be more self sufficient. Not demanding of us because its our duty, rather for the love that we have of our Father in Heaven. Over the course of the short mission I have been on, I learned that love is the most powerful motivator we have. It's so easy as a missionary to pull out scriptures either proving people wrong or having people look at the blessings in order to comply with commandments. Or putting a fear in people saying that if you don't get baptized, you will go....down there!! But as I have learned, none of those things will ever amount to a real change with the driving force of love. Where there isn't love, there is no change. I love that quote. When people can feel our love, they will have the greatest motivator we know to mankind. I love you all!! I hope we can all find a bigger capacity to love rather than take the easier road.
Elder Reynolds
The Gringo Room!
Watching General Conference:)
LOVE is
a Smile, a Wave, a Kind Comment, a Compliment, Sacrifice, Service and Selflessness
This Loving, thoughtful missionary of mine sent this sweet note and beautiful flowers on my birthday!! What a huge surprise!!!
He found where his haircut origin comes from hahahaha!!
As I have LOVED you,
LOVE one another.
This new commandment:
LOVE one another.
By this shall men know
Ye are my disciples,
If ye have LOVE
One to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment