Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Let the Holy Spirit Guide!

"In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." President Russell M. Nelson
Hello Everyone!
I just have one little experience to share...
We were on splits this week and I was with an Elder that barely has 2 months here on the mission so his Spanish is still a little bit new to him. But man I love the animos (cheers) a new missionary brings to the work. Anyways, of course as it always seems to happen, we had a lot of lessons planned but every single one of them fell and we probably contacted for 6 hours straight. But this one contact stood out to me. We contacted this joven (young) man and he was super nice. He seemed to be into athletics so I jumped on that and we started a nice conversation. After that we blended the topic into God and he said that he was Atheist. Now this is one of the hardest contacts for me because to get someone to believe in something they can't see here, in just a few minutes, is pretty dang hard haha. But I was missing the whole point! It's not us that are to do the convincing, it's the spirit. Luckily the spirit was like Elder, just open your mouth. So I opened my mouth...I...and nothing came out. So I looked over at this new companion and he had this blank look on his face and so I was like just say something...haha. So he testified in his newly Spanish that he knows there is a God...and that even though he's never seen Him nor can he show him that He exists that there is. And then it came to me about the pre-existence! I was like why would I share about the pre-existence??! So again I opened my mouth and luckily things came out this time haha. But I promised him that if he wanted to know that there is a God that he could find out. And if he listened to us, he would find that this message has a familiar ring to it because this isn't the first time he has heard it because he lived with God before. As expected, he had this wild look on his face but he accepted!! The Elder and I talked afterwards and it was awesome because he said to me "I don't think it was that important saying anything, but rather making him feel something." I am glad that I'm not the one convincing or having to convince. I'm glad I can be the instrument no mas! I love you all!! Sorry for the short email!
Elder Reynolds
Doctrine & Covenants 100:4-6
"Therefore I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.
Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before me;
For it shall be given you in the very hour; yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say."

No comments:

Post a Comment