Wednesday, September 5, 2018

"There is no Growth in the Comfort Zone and there is no Comfort in the Growth Zone"

Hello Everyone,
Alright I feel super bad for not emailing anyone...I'm super sorry, it was a crazy p-day haha. I say crazy but we didn't really do anything. We went to play basketball and time got the best of us and we had to run to do all the rest of the things. But I'm alive! I think that that's a great thing that happened this week...staying alive! This week was a super hard week. Probably one of the hardest weeks I have had on the mission. Like I said in the last email, changes (transfers) are rough for me. I like feeling comfortable. One of the things our Mission President, always says is that there is no growth in the comfort zone, and there is no comfort in the growth zone. Sorry that is the best translation I could get lol. I found myself longing to have it easier. Longing to be able to stay in Puyo where I knew everyone, I knew the area, I knew the investigators, I knew who had potential to be baptized, I had great relationships...everything! But in my scripture study, I came across an awesome scripture in Ether 1:28 "And it came to pass that Jared spake again unto his brother, saying: Go and inquire of the Lord whether he will drive us out of the land, and if he will drive us out of the land, cry unto him whither we should go. And who knoweth but the Lord will carry us forth into a land which is choice above all the earth? And if it so be, let us be faithful unto the Lord, that we may receive it for our inheritance." I read it and thought how in the world can Latacunga be a choice over Puyo?! But as I got here and totally threw myself into the work...I am learning that maybe Heavenly Father has a little bit more knowledge and can see a little bit more into the future and that I should maybe trust Him a little more!

We had a baptism this week and it was amazing. I already feel so much love towards the family that got baptized. I am thankful for a God that does what's best for me and for the people in Ecuador and doesn't do what I want. That's pretty tough words to say...and am still in the process of feeling it. But everything is going to be alright. Why don't I believe that??? I love you all! More to come next week! Thank you so much for your prayers!
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment