Monday, May 22, 2017

First Transfer!

These families happily offer Elder Reynolds all they have because they feel so blessed that he found them and brought the gospel to them. He is so blown away by the generosity of the people he encounters. They don't have much and what they do have they want to share. His heart could not be fuller. He truly loves the people there in Ecuador!

Hello Everyone!!
So changes were today and I got changed to Ambato!! It is a city about 2 and a half hours away from where I was from. It is nice to get out of the city that you were born in! But I do have to say I miss it. I miss the people there and the investigators that we had. We have a family that is getting baptized this weekend and I really wish I could be there.. But whether I am there or not.. They are going to reap the amazing blessings of baptism!! Ahh I am so excited. No doubt my first baptisms were very special and I love the people so dearly.. But there is something about baptizing a whole family. When a whole family is listening to you as you testify that families can be together forever. That is something special. This gospel and the Plan of Salvation is perfect. There is not one person on this earth that is not worthy of receiving all the blessings of the Plan of Salvation and everything that HF has to offer. Everyone through the atonement of Jesus Christ can receive these blessings. My companion is Elder Marzua. He is from Peru. He seems really cool!! I am super excited! Finally get out of Quito and start to know more about Ecuador. I don't know much about Ambato but I know it is a lot flatter than my sector so I am excited! hahaha My companion says it doesn't rain than much here so that is a relief. Although that means it is hotter so that kind of sucks lol I would rather it be cold than it be scorching hot.

We had interviews with President and he always has us study a concept before we have the interviews so that we can talk about them. This time the concept was repentance. More than anything else, as I studied repentance, I learned that it is all about our humility. It is all dependent on our humility whether or not we will be forgiven. When we truly want to change and truly want to follow Jesus Christ we will do anything and everything to follow Him. And when we show that to our Heavenly Father, He blesses us with ways we can change. Help in stopping some things that maybe is hard for us to stop, or start doing things that are hard for us. Everything can come down to being humble before the Lord. To be honest that is hard for me! To be honest with everyone, while playing sports I enjoyed how I was able to receive some glory. But now it is all about getting the job done not caring about who gets the glory. I had a glimpse of that in High School and College as I could say I was team oriented. But as all men do, YES ALL MEN haha, we have a little bit of pride. We want to be praised of men. I can't say now I am totally changed, but I am seeing improvement in that my humbleness and humility is taking role rather than my pride. The mission is awesome and helps us learn so much as crazy 18 to 24 year olds. But I testify that it is not the mission that changes us. It is the choices we make and how truly humble we are for us to change. I listened to "We Are All Enlisted" and "The First Great Commandment" by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland this week and man am I pumped!!!!!! Through accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior, we can have the spirit in our lives again and become Christ's disciples. Be his hands down here on earth to build his kingdom. How lucky I am to have this calling. We are all in this together. We need everyone! I love you all!!!
Elder Reynolds

Elder Reynolds and his past companion, Elder Saldana

No comments:

Post a Comment