Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Service brings Happiness!

"The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others"
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Hello everyone!!!!
I am going to apologize now because this email is going to be really short. 
This week was so good. So many opportunities to learn and to grow. I love that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to send us trials so that we can become stronger and that we may become what He wants us to be. These trials truly are an act of love because without them we couldn't grow, we couldn't learn how to become more Christ like. I have learned that through humility, we can truly become disciples and become the person God wants us to be!

We have a lot of investigators this week and it is soooo awesome! We had 10 show up at church yesterday!! Unfortunately a lot of our investigators need to get married so patience is key! haha I am so happy to be the hands of God down here in Ecuador and serving Him. Although I have a missionary plaque, we are all expected to share this wonderful gospel!!!! We are all in this together. I know that through serving others it is the only way to become truly happy in this life. I had an opportunity to go with one of the leaders of the mission on divisions and wow! You can just tell that he has the love of God in him. When you talk to him, you feel like you are the only person in the world and when he teaches you can feel the spirit so strongly. I feel so inadequate to preach this gospel that I know so little about, but when we are called and through a lot of hard work, we can receive help from above. He said something really profound to me too...he said "Elder, we don't deserve to rest. There are too many people to serve. The most perfect person in the world didn't get to rest and we are representatives of Him." How true that is! We worked hard!!!! We worked really hard and when I was with him, it felt so good to go to sleep completely exhausted, yet knowing that I did everything I could to be His servant.
 
I truly do love you all!! Again, sorry for this short email. Keep at it! Never give up!! We have to bring the world His truth. 
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment