Monday, May 15, 2017

The Scriptures and the Gospel can help everyone in every single problem!

Mother's Day Skype!! Love our Elder Reynolds!!!!!!

Hello Everyone!!
Man it was so nice to talk to you guys, that is my family haha. It truly was a special blessing and opportunity to be able to talk to you guys!!! It was nice too see everyone is still alive! lol Seeing pictures and writing every week kind of turns into just a thing I do. It is hard to still imagine that the people I am writing to are real! lol that sounds weird....

So this week was a long one. I think it was because I was so excited to call!! We had a lot of appointments with our investigators though and they are all progressing very well! Not at the pace I would like... but it doesn't matter what I would like! I was talking to a missionary the other day and he said "how long did it take you to become converted to the gospel?" So I said about 20 years. And he said exactly. Now we as missionaries visit our investigators about 4 times a week with an hour at the most. And we get changed every 6 weeks so we have about 24 hours to convert an investigator... wow!!!! That really opened my eyes. And we also have to remember that we need to respect their agency. That we can force them to partake of this wonderful gospel, only lead them and guide them and then they have to make the decision ultimately. How are we to do this?!! Through the spirit...that is the only way to do it. And I don't mind doing it that way because then we will be baptizing converts rather than just people!

One of our investigators came to church for the first time yesterday. His name is Moises. He hasn't come to church because he is a little intimidated. So we actually went and got him and brought him to church haha. Along the way he was so extremely nervous. So we asked him why he is so nervous and he said because I don't want to mess up! haha It was a little funny to me because I thought about how could you mess up while at church?!! I really don't know how other churches run, but I guess he had bad experiences with other churches. I thought how sad it is for these people that they really have a desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ, but they just don't know where to find it. Or something else that is impeding them that is in my mind so easy to fix. Moises is a guy who has a lot of questions. He asked an interesting question the other day, he said that it says in the scriptures that Hyrum Smith said about Joseph Smith that he did more than any other man besides Jesus Christ himself. he said how is that possible? If you go to someone on the street and ask him who Jesus Christ is, they will say yes, I know who He is. But if you ask him who is Joseph Smith, they will probably say they don't know. And so he had a hard time with that.... I loved responding to that because that is exactly why we are here!!!!! To help people and to invite them to know of Jesus Christ and that the true church of Jesus Christ came through Joseph Smith. I love that through teaching and trying to help others, our own testimony is strengthened so much. 

The more I study about Jesus Christ, the more I am so amazed. I am just in awe of His sacrifice and how not one single bad thought was thought by Him. While he was being whipped and nailed to the cross.... It is crazy because he just got out of Gethsemane. He just suffered for the sins of those people that were spitting on him and doing all those horrible things. And He still suffered in hoping that maybe they would come to Him in some future point in their lives. Love. Charity. How powerful is that? How unworthy to be able to become whole through the atonement... But how lucky I am!! I love the conversion of Alma in Alma 36. That is one of the chapters we always leave our investigators that are struggling with repentance. Man the scriptures and everything about this gospel can help everyone in every single problem. I truly believe that. I love you all!!! Keep on keeping on!
Elder Reynolds


Best Mother's Day!!


Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment