Sunday, June 10, 2018

Transfers...Staying in Puyo!

Karen's Baptism!
Elder Reynolds and Elder Garcia
Hello Everyone!
Well another change (transfer) has come and gone...and another begins. I will be staying here in Puyo and get a new companion! I learned so much from the last change being with Elder Garcia. Not going to lie it is a bit hard for me to be with a missionary that is ending the mission. Not that the missionary is trunky, but just the fact that he is going home! haha It's crazy how time flies...Each week seems to come and go like that. The routine never seems to end. Even though it is a routine. Which is a good thing!! I remember giving a training with my companion to missionaries about how ROUTINE IS THE ENEMY OF MIRACLES. I was reading a talk from President Uchtdorf about how he learned to use a computer and how fascinating it was at first...But as time went on and as he got better at using it he would get frustrated that it wouldn't go as fast as he would like or it would stall and it seemed like the world would end. Forgetting the fact that a few years earlier how fascinating it was that computers exist and the endless opportunities computers give! And then he says how often do we forget of the majestic plan of salvation we have with all the answers that come with it and take it for granted...What I am trying to get at is we have it perfect as followers of Jesus Christ. Not in the sense that everything in our life will go as we plan, but we know and always have just enough to carry us through any trial. And how often do we forget that??! How often do we take it for granted!? The time on the mission is so precious and I love being out here. But just as every human being I too take it for granted being here as a representative of Jesus Christ. This week in sacrament meeting Elder Garcia and Elder Mansell both gave their last testimonies. The whole congregation was centered in on missionaries through all the testimonies. Each one that got up there testified of how important missionary work is and how they are eternally grateful for the missionaries that came to knock on their door. It is awesome because the branch, or as the nickname we gave it "The Twig" we are in, are made up of basically 1st generation converts. If I am not mistaken it has been 50 years or so. To give an example, the other Sunday we had a sort of area conference and they got the times mixed up and everyone showed up an hour early. So to fill in the time, we decided to learn a new hymn! We listened to it on someone's phone and then we tried to sing it and then re-practiced it until we got it down!! Ahh I love it. Anyways, I realized two things in that sacrament meeting, 1-is that with glasses it is super awkward when you cry...your glasses get foggy and it's wet all over and 2-is how important the calling of being a missionary is. As I listened to them, I was filled so strongly with the spirit and I just wanted to run out of the church and start shouting hosannas to my God and invite everyone to come unto Christ. I feel as Alma when he says he should be complacido (complacent) with what God has given him but at the same time how he wanted to have the voice of a trumpet. I am rejuvenated again as I was at the beginning. More ready and more energetic as ever to proclaim this gospel. I love this people. I love Ecuador. Life is good.

We had a baptism!! It was awesome being able to be a part of the progress of someone's life. Karen is 18 years old and came from Quito to live with her Godfather. She has been listening for a little over 2 months and is awesome. it's funny because she is shy, yet is so passionate about the gospel. Her baptism was great. I love "The Twig" here because everyone knows everyone and rallies around to help in times of need. Our little army here is growing! With the 2 sets of missionaries here in the ward, we had a total of 26 investigators attend church! haha and yes half of those are the Valencia family! Man, I love that family. They are so prepared for this gospel. I hope I am being a blessing to them as much as they are being for me. I love you all. Thank you so much for your much needed prayers...they are definitely being answered each and every day. I hope you all have a great week and continue to keep the faith along this covenant path. Love you!!
Elder Reynolds
Karen has been meeting with us the last 2 months!
She moved here from Quito to live with her Godfather.
Saying Good bye to Elder Garcia
 and Elder Mansell, some amazing missionaries!!!
I'm thankful to have learned many things from these Elders.
Glasses are quite an adjustment!
It's super awkward when you cry because your glasses get foggy and it gets wet all over...
That looks like the CHANTACURRO...worm he ate!
People buy those?!!!
Ugh...what is that??
Called to serve Him, heav'nly King of glory, Chosen e'er to
witness for his name, Far and wide we tell the Father's story
Far and wide his love procaim.
Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;
Onward, ever onward; as we glory in his name;
Forward, pressing forward, as a triumph song we sing.
God our strength will be; press forward ever,
Called to serve our King.
Called To Serve
Quito Ecuador Mission
~Oriente Zone~

No comments:

Post a Comment