Wednesday, June 20, 2018

We came to Earth with the Same Purpose but Different Work!

It is a privilege to be able to represent my Redeemer and Savior!
Hello Everyone!
Like always, another week comes and goes...this week seemed to fly by. We had 3 divisions (splits) this week with 3 different places! It was a crazy week. Definitely couldn't have done it without the help from above. I seriously don't know how I get through each day...maybe it's just me, but 6:30 pm comes around and I have absolutely no energy. And I haven't even done anything haha! But somehow we make it to 9:00 and I don't want to go to sleep because of how excited I am!!! haha Sometimes I wish it was switched around lol.

So this week it has been a lot of missionary themed experiences ha who knew? lol But our ward mission leader just got his mission call to go to Mexico! It was so awesome as he is 19 years old and is the only member of his family. In this little branch we have, I love seeing the unity because it doesn't matter if you are the only member of your family...cause you got 100 other family members that are just as close!! Anyways, it got Elder Manwaring and I feeling pretty old...just thinking about when we opened our mission calls eons ago ha. I reread what it says in the mission call and it brought tears to my eyes. Again I am so happy to be a missionary. It is a privilege to be able to represent my Redeemer and Savior. As I was reading it though, my mind kinda got off topic and I started to think about callings and certain callings that each of us have been assigned to. I just had divisions (splits) with Elder Hunter and he said something that I really liked. He was talking about what motivates him to become a consecrated missionary and he told me that throughout his mission this desire inside of him has grown tremendously. And about a year and a half or so into his mission he said something that hit me, I REALIZED SOMETHING...THAT THIS WAS PART OF MY VERY BEING. THAT IN REALITY...I WAS MADE FOR THIS...It was so powerful to hear that. We truly are MADE to be here on this earth in this specific time. I am almost positive that we each had our own little mission opening calls up in heaven...Elder Reynolds...You have been called to start your service in the...New Mexico, USA area! What the?! hahaha I don't know what I said when I opened up my mission call in heaven but it must have been some funny joke about the desert and cactuses haha. But each of us was prepared to come to earth at this time in whatever place we are in to fulfill a mission...How are we doing??!! A question that each of us can answer personally. I know that each one of us has a work to do!

On another division (splits) this week, I was with a missionary that was struggling with seeing his success. He told me that he hasn't seen many baptisms. All the other missionaries in his group have had lots of baptisms but for him, not so much. As he was talking I could only think about myself and how this was totally me!! I went through the same phase at about the same time as him! I am so grateful that I was able to go through that so that I could help him and know exactly how he feels. I told him that each of us have a different work and by comparing ourselves to other missionaries is a part in the self destruction plan that Satan wants. It's impossible to compare ourselves to others when the work that Heavenly Father gave us is totally different to what He gave others to do. Like comparing apples and oranges. It was really a spiritually edifying experience as I was able to learn with him.

This letter is all over the place...so to summarize, I know that each of us came to earth with the same purpose but different work. Heavenly Father needs each and every one of us. He believes in us, He confides in us. I hope that we all can adquirir (acquire) the faith necessary to follow through with His will. I love you all...so much. Thank you so much for your prayers and hopefully mine are being answered upon you guys!!! Love you!!!
Elder Reynolds
Elder Reynolds' new companion!
Jungle Life
Elder Reynolds and Elder Manwaring
~Monkey Business~
M E M O R I E S that will last F O R E V E R ! ! ! 

Zone Conference
~Oriente Zone~
Leadership Council


No comments:

Post a Comment