Thursday, October 11, 2018

LAST Transfer for Elder Reynolds!!!!! ...Staying in Latacunga and Training Elder Cox!!

Elder Cox and Elder Reynolds
Hello Everyone!
Wow what a weekend it was!!!!! Leading up to General Conference it seemed like I was waiting to go on vacation!!! I love General Conference. This whole week Elder Medina and I were talking to everyone we could to tell that a living Prophet and Apostles were going to be speaking to us this weekend! Who could say no to that proposition???? I loved everything what was said. I felt the themes of this conference were auto sufficiency, hope, and forgiveness. It was amazing because as I was so anxious to hear what the Prophet would say to us it came to be right before he was about to talk that what I was about to hear what the Lord wanted us to hear in these moments. Not going to lie, I was a bit confused as out of all the temas (themes) he could have treated with us, it was about calling the church by the correct name. At the beginning of the talk I was thinking that he was going to mention it and then go onto the real talk that he had prepared for us...but boy was I wrong!!! As I was pondering about it later, I was hit with a spiritual V-8 that what the spirit told me before he spoke was true! That this is truly what Christ wanted us to hear and correct for these next 6 months. What I learned was the loyal that our dear Prophet had towards God. Like what is in a name? ....EVERYTHING. I could only imagine what maybe was going through his head like wow, I am going to speak 25 minutes on this...but no! He was like I AM GOING TO SPEAK 25 MINUTES ON THIS!! haha I love that he does what the Lord wants him to do regardless of what others think. Man this church is true. I am so grateful for living Prophets and Apostles to guide us in these latter days. I am grateful to be apart of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is His church. This is His work. I love you all!
Elder Reynolds

This week was exchanges and Elder Reynolds will be staying in Latacunga the last 6 weeks of his mission. He will be training Elder Cox, who is from California!
P-DAY in the Mountains :)
Doctrine & Covenants 4:2
"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

No comments:

Post a Comment