Tuesday, October 23, 2018

There is Power in Weakness!!

We'll bring the World His Truth!
~Latacunga Ecuador Missionaries~
Hello Everyone!
Another great week in Ecuador. My companion got his first taste of good ole stomach problems. I feel like my stomach is so messed up that it doesn't make me sick anymore or that it is made of steel now and nothing can damage it haha.

This week was definitely a week full of ups and downs. Some days it was incredible and I couldn't believe the spirit that we were feeling...and other days, it felt like Satan was attacking us from all fronts and there was no way out. It's crazy how every week and ever day is such a battle to stay on the covenant path. But I love a quote from a Seventy that came to visit us in Latacunga that said THE RECOMPENSA (REWARD) ISN'T HERE! Sometimes we look for the reward a little bit too early but in reality the reward isn't here. I can't imagine what it means when it says in the scriptures about interminable joy. What a day that will be. One of the best experiences this week came on Sunday when Hermano Constante was able to receive the Aaronic priesthood!!!! And then literally 3 minutes after he received the priesthood, he put his hands on the head of his son and conferred to him the same priesthood! Man it was such a spiritual experience to see that. Getting baptized one week and confirmed the next day to receiving the priesthood to giving the priesthood! I think from all that has been going on in the time of my mission, God is trying to teach me that there is power in weakness. We have a little sticky note in our apartment that says PAY THE PRICE and then another note says TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WEAKNESS. I love a talk that is called The Power of not Knowing. It is a BYU talk that is probably one of my favorite talks. The more I learn, the more I learn that I know nothing and am nothing haha funny how that works. I sometimes envy my companion as with his limited vocabulary and teaching skills...in reality he is a spiritual giant and has no idea of his potential and the power he brings. Knowing Spanish, knowing the scriptures, knowing how to teach, it seems I have the disadvantage!! My favorite scripture is Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Sorry for 2 weeks in a row talking about grace and weakness but I can't get enough of it! I love being weak! It's okay to be weak! I love you all!
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment