Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Why didn't you call me???

This is Mihel!! Completing the family!!! His dad baptized him.
Hello Everyone!
Another week! Gosh I love these people. I love my companion. I love my Savior. I am so full of love. It was a good week of learning...so yea that means hard lol but I am so grateful for these trials that were able to help me in the long run. This week we taught probably the most spiritual Lesson 2 Plan de Salvacion lesson I have ever been apart of. The spirit seemed to be testifying in every moment that these things were true and how grateful I was to be able to just open my mouth and words to fill them. I love the language...because to be honest I wouldn't consider myself fluent but I love that I can just open my mouth and words seem to form and come out and somehow the people come to understand what I am saying...definitely the gift of tongues.

So as I started out I love loving people but I feel that it comes at a great price. We had really great lessons this week, but we also had occasions where my heart seemed to drop down to my ankles. We had this one progressing investigator that is going through a major repentance problem and is struggling so much. So he wasn't answering his phone which was a bit odd for him, so we decided to go to his house and as soon as we walked in you could tell something was wrong. We walked in and there he was...drinking..with his ex. Ahh how my heart ached for him. The only words that I could muster was "Why didn't you call us? We were here for you. Why didn't you call me? Why why why?????" And then he said "I am so sorry. Sorry for being too weak. I am sorry..." Then as I was walking down the stairs I was thinking about those worlds...Why didn't you call me? And thought about Jesus. Every time we go through something hard and turn to some other means to coupe with our sorrow and hurt, I just imagine Jesus up there...Why didn't you call me??! I was there for you. Why didn't you call me? Why why why???????? I died for that very reason! To life you up, to take away your pain, to help! Why didn't you call me? And there He is, with His heart aching...not because we did something wrong, rather because He longs to help us and see us succeed. I love being a missionary and getting that perspective. But man it sure does hurt. It hurts having the answers to every single problem that every single person has...but bowing my head and letting them choose. My companion and I were talking and we were like AKA Welcome to Parenthood haha.

I seriously am so privileged to be a part of this great work. It is amazing to be here in Ecuador. Only a few weeks left to make a difference is quite mind boggling...but we will do it...one soul at a time. I love you all!
Elder Reynolds
His baptism was super special despite the tardanza (dealy) of over an hour!!!
When you're about to sneeze hahaha
Getting people hitched! You can call us the Matchmakers!!
Trying out the new style of wearing your pants above the belly button
Ecuador is...
so...
diverse!!
B E A U T I F U L
Above the clouds for a bit...
I love these people. I love my companion. I love my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment