Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Focusing on "The One"

 These awesome Elders have been really sick yet they still have a huge desire to work!

Hello Everyone!
This week was an awesome week! Elder Mamani is the bomb! We got to know each other a lot better this week and we are both so excited to work. He barely has been out 2 months in the mission so we are both pretty new to the mission! ha I don't know why but I think I will always feel that way. I guess that is a good thing to keep me humble. That is one thing I learned this week. That really it doesn't matter how many months you have in the mission or really in life, we can always learn something from someone. And in my case Elder Mamani! He is such a great teacher! I am really amazed at his teaching skills only having 2 months in the mission. 

Our investigators are doing just great. Although only one attended this week we are really excited for him. It keeps reminding us that as representatives of Jesus Christ we need to focus on the one. At times I find that really hard, especially this week. We had really great numbers this week, yet I asked myself if I could really relate to each one of these people. If we helped them in some little way to come to Christ. I felt sick to my stomach as I could not say yes to that question. We have a goal to focus more in the people we teach. It's true we can still hurry and run from lesson to lesson, but when we are with these people, LISTEN TO THEM! Dangit Elder Reynolds.... haha We went shopping today at a supermarket and I have a card there that gives us a discount and it has my real first name! As I looked at it and it felt so weird to say my name out loud! haha I think I will just change my name to Elder for the rest of my life. It seems way more comfortable.
Right now it is funny to see Elder Mamani and I. haha Elder Mamani has a pretty bad cold and is coughing like crazy and I am all bundled up in my jackets ha. We look like a bunch of hobos! lol When we left the house we laughed because of how we looked. The both of us have been sick for a few days now. That is one of the worst things to have to deal with in the mission...being sick. It's good, but we have to call the nurses in order to rest so we have been all work! This week was overall a good week! Even though we are sick, the work needs to progress and won't progress without...work! ha who knew right?? I love you all! Have a great week! 
Elder Reynolds 

After saying his full name out loud "Kyle Reynolds," he wants to change his name to "Elder" for the rest of his life, it seems way more comfortable!

Grocery Shopping! I wonder how far he has to carry his groceries each week??





No comments:

Post a Comment