Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Yearning for the Gift of Charity!


My little English student :)
Hello everyone!
This week was another struggle for us. I have no idea why, but it seems to be always my turn to be sick! Both my companion and I have been coping with a cold and a cough. It is a little funny because both of our voices are so deep. We feel like we are a little intimidating when contacting because of that haha This week was a good week. Unfortunately we didn't have many investigators that are attending church. We do have one that is attending church but due to things in his life he cant get baptized right now.. It is so heartbreaking to see him do all the things in the church and members and the bishop asking him are you baptized? And him replying "no".... Man if only he could make a few little decisions and sacrifices in his life he can enter in to the waters of baptism! He attends every Sunday and he is always so excited to learn a little bit more in our visits. We also have another investigator that is progressing but has a bit of a drinking problem... We have been working with him for 2 months and it is amazing the progress he has made! But unfortunately he went out with friends Sunday night and he may or may not still have a date for baptism... we will see... But these 2 investigators really mean so much to us. As a missionary, more than ever I think I see and feel a little bit how our Savior feels about us. When we don't do the things we are supposed to it truly hurts inside. Because we know what it feels like on the other side. On the other side meaning being a member. Even though it hurts to see people not make the sacrifices necessary, I am super humbled that I have the opportunity to see the people how Jesus Christ sees them. I have been praying for this gift of the Spirit and this week I have felt it more than ever. Serving people is hard! But we do it because we love them.

 I was reading in the Bible in the parable about the workers in the vineyard and how they all received the same wages. But it was interesting because I read it along with the help of "Jesus the Christ" and it brought a whole different light to the parable. The first workers it says in the scriptures actually say that the workers and the boss worked out an agreement saying that this is the amount they are going to receive... But the other workers without hesitation were called to the work and didn't barter on how much they were going to receive. It asked a question about the work of the Lord.. or missionary work. What are we working for? Are we working for our recompensa (reward) or blessings that we are going to receive or are we working because we actually love the work, the boss, and are so grateful that we have this work?? Every week my love is building for those I serve here in Ecuador. Sometimes it is hard but I know that this gospel can benefit them in a way that no other thing in this life can compare. It is truly amazing how simple the gospel is, yet how much blessings we receive if we only sacrifice a little bit.

I pray that we can all find a love for those we serve around us. I yearn for the gift of charity. What a beautiful gift it is. I pray that we can all have this gift so that when Jesus comes again, we will see each other as equals. (Sorry I don't know the scripture in English so that is a rough translation of it haha) I love you all! Have a superb week! 
Elder Reynolds 

A part in our sector that I feel is the real Ecuador!!

LOL

Every week my love is building for those I serve here in Ecuador!

Making Empanadas!

Developing cooking skills!

Our barber is pretty legit, but she cut my hair a little short!







No comments:

Post a Comment