Tuesday, August 15, 2017

New Companion and now a District Leader!

 His new companion, Elder Mamani from Bolivia!!
Hello everyone!
This week was a great week! haha it seems the last week of every change is great because you have something close to look forward too! ha It is kind of bad but it seems every missionary works harder the week before changes because they know it is going to be their last week in the sector. I really enjoyed this last week because we worked hard. Of course we don't see the fruits of our labors right now, but I know they will come.
 
I am with a new companion. His name is Elder Mamani. He is from Bolivia and he has been in the mission field for 3 months, fresh out of his training. He seems so happy and so willing to work. In this little time I have known him I know we are going to have a great change with a lot of success. Maybe not a lot of success in numbers, but I know Heavenly Father will see our hard work and bless us accordingly in whatever way He may. This work is so great! President Barlow invited us to ponder about the last change and what we can do better. I love the mission because it is similar to football. Its like watching film! haha In order to get better, we have to criticize our own selves. Not too much though. too much of anything is bad we all know that! But I really took his advice to heart and decided to do it..and man do I have sooo much to work on! haha But with the spirit, I feel the motivation to get better. It is interesting to look back on what change (if any) we had. Every change it seems like Heavenly Father is constantly trying to teach me about my pride..... Man... ha Like Elder Holland said, how frustrating it is for Heavenly Father to work with imperfect people! haha

Like I said, this past week was a good one! We passed by Aida and she is doing great. She is progressing just perfectly and wants to get more involved in church. She speaks up in classes now and has desires to go to the temple! She is constantly inviting people to come to church with her too. It is amazing to see the change in her. It is also so cool to reteach all the lessons to her! Because now she has the gift of the Holy Ghost, she can understand so much better! Makes it easier for us! haha We have other investigators that are progressing and are hoping they attend church with us. That is the hardest thing for investigators to do...attend church.
 
Being a missionary is pretty hard not going to lie but this week was a great experience just to see how little the time we have as missionaries. One missionary went home and before they go home they always give a last testimony in the last zone meeting. I always love listening to them. They are always centered around the Atonement and love of Jesus Christ. I have been studying charity this week and man how deep charity really is! haha I love one of the things Elder Holland said about charity and how it is more than just a feeling, it is un estado de ser (A state of being)...ha hopefully my mom will translate that because I have no idea what that means in English lol But really I love the concept of charity, the ability to see others as Christ and Heavenly Father sees them is so wonderful. I have had a few experiences with that and really how much more easier to is to be patient and work with them when we see them as He sees them. I Love you all! Keep on working in this great work! 
Elder Reynolds
~He doesn't mention it in his mass email, but he was called as a District Leader!! He is definitely humbled. He said being a District Leader is a little intimidating. Those of you that know Elder Reynolds, he's a natural leader!!!

Elder Reynolds is a District Leader!!!

Transfers August 14, 2017

Missionaries in Ambato Ecuador

Elder Reynolds and his past companion, Elder Marquez. He was transferred to Quito.
His home away from home, Ambato Ecuador

Chasing after our investigators hahaha! The people were rejecting us so we decided to contact the ducks!!

Trying Octopus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment